Features of GST Registration
A simple tax regime aimed to demolish the cascading effect, Goods and Services Tax popularly recognized as GST came into force w.e.f 1st July, 2017. After 17 years from the then GST bill was passed in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Indian Parliament passed the bill on 29th March, 2017. The most awaited Tax regime- GST has subsumed all the Indirect Taxes, which abolished the cascading effect of the Tax.
GST Registration is required by all the businesses who meets the criteria of having an Aggregate Turnover of Rs. 20 Lakhs (10 lakhs in special category states) in a year, also option of voluntary registration is there. GST Registration is required for providing goods and services in India within 30 days of the criteria met for GST Registration.
GST registration process usually takes 2- 6 days, Busibells can help you obtain GST registration in a hassle-free manner.
Process to Register
- Go to Government GST Portal and click on the registration tab.
- Enter PAN, Mobile No., Email ID, name of the legal entity as mentioned in the PAN and State in Part-A of registration process.
- On proceeding further, user will receive the reference number via mobile and email.
- TRN is generated which can be used later on to login to register on the portal for the first time users.
- Fill up the application form online and submit using DSC or EVC.
- Finally Certificate of Registration will be provided by the department. GST Number is allotted therein.
- PAN Card of the applicant (individual/ company/ or any other business entity).
- Proof of Business Registration (Registration certificate/ Incorporation Certificate/ Partnership Deed).
- Identity & Address proof of the promoters with photographs.
- Address Proof for place of business (rental agreement/ sale deed alongwith copy of electricity bill/ property tax receipt).
- Bank Account statement or cancelled cheque (having account number, name of the account holder pre-printed).
- Digital Signature (Class 2) of the Authorised Signatory.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, to claim Input Tax Credit any entity can register voluntarily. After registration all entities are required to comply with the regulations under the Act.
GSTN is the 15 digit GST registration Number allotted by the department, of which first two digits represent the state code, another ten digits representing PAN number, next two digits representing state code, and the last one is represent check digit.
GST registration is not mandatory for the persons dealing in supply of agriculture produce from cultivation. Persons entirely covered under Reverse Charge and those who make only exempt supplies (Nil Rated or Non-Taxable supplies).
Amendment in the core and non-core fields are allowed, but for core fields like legal name of the business and state of place of business/ additional place of business, he will have to apply for amendment within 15 days. Non-core fields like email id, mobile number, etc can be modified just by logging into using own credentials.
Aggregate Turnover includes the Taxable supplies as well as the exempt supplies. Taxable Supplies includes the export and inter-state supplies. Inward Supplies on which tax is payable on reverse charge is excluded from calculation of the aggregate turnover.
Only one registration number is required for the entity operating in the same state. For this additional place of business can be added with the principal one.
For operating from different states, entities would require to get registered separately and have different GSTN for every different state.
GST registration certificate is valid until it is surrendered/ cancelled/ suspended. Only certificates issued to the casual taxable person and Non-resident taxable person have a validity period.
Primary Authorised Signatory is the person who is responsible to file in the application/ or to perform the actions on the GST portal. Authorised signatory can be a person appointed by or the promoter of the business himself.
Composition scheme is introduced basically for the small taxpayers having annual turnover less than 75 lakhs so that the burden of compliances can be reduced to the minimum. They are required to file summarized returns on quarterly basis, cannot avail input tax credit, cannot collect or issue tax invoice to the customers, pay tax on the annual turnover- 2% for manufacturers, 5% for restaurant service sector, 1% for other suppliers.
ITC is the term used for Input Tax Credit, it means at the time of paying tax on output, tax paid on inputs can be deducted from it.
Packages on Offering
- Professionally managed GST Registration service with Expert Support. Inclusive of GST.
- Professionally managed GST Registration service with Expert Support & DSC Inclusive of GST.
- Professionally managed GST Registration service, First Quarter GST Filing Assistance . Inclusive of GST.