Why to Form Section 8 Company ?
Section 8 Company Registration
A Section 8 Company is registered under the Companies Act, 2013. It is an organisation registered as a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) which is established with the objective of promoting arts, charity, education, social welfare, sports, research, religion, protection of environment. This kind of organisation intends to apply its profits, if any, or other income/ donations in promoting the objects and no dividend is paid to its members or owners. It cannot use the words “Section 8” or “limited” at the end of its name.
The Section 8 Company is incorporated just like other companies. The profit earned by the company must be used only for the objectives for which it is incorporated and not to pay dividend to the members. Companies formed to work for this objective have some restrictions and conditions that needs to be fulfilled, else the Government may order winding up of the company.
Process to Register
- Reservation of Unique Name (RUN)
- Obtaining DSC and DIN of each of the Directors
- Incorporating through filing up Simplified forms with MCA
- Obtaining License from the Authority.
- Identity Proof of Directors (PAN card in case Indian National, Notarized Passport copy in case of Foreign National)
- Address Proof of Directors (Bank statement or Electricity bill AND Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card) Documents must be valid, and not more than 2 months old.
- Proof for Registered office (Rental agreement/ Sale Deed) and Copy of Electicity Bill/ Property Tax Receipt , NOC (where property is rented)
- Signed Incorporation documents
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
To register a Section 8 Company, minimum 2 people are required.
Any person who is above the age of 18 years is eligible to become a director, regardless of the residential status or citizenship. A Foreign National/ NRI/ can also become a director, provided one of the director in the Board is Resident India.
Name availability can be checked through the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website, or one can apply for a name through RUN (Reserve Unique Name) facility provided by the MCA.
The whole process to incorporate a Section 8 Company generally takes anywhere between 20-30 days. The time taken for incorporation will depend on submission of relevant documents by the client and speed of Government Approvals.
Once a Company is incorporated, it will be in existence as long as the annual compliances are met with regularity. The status of the company becomes Dormant when the compliances are not met on a regular basis and maybe struck off from the register after a period of time.
No need to present in person, as the whole process is online.
Yes, on taking approvals from the authority, it can be converted into a Private Limited Company.
Packages on Offering
- Section 8 Company Formation with 3 DSC, 2 DIN,Name Approval, MOA, AOA, RD License, PAN, TAN and Company Kit. Inclusive of Government Fees and Taxes.
- Section 8 Company Formation with 3 DSC, 2 DIN,Name Approval, MOA, AOA, RD License, PAN, TAN and Company Kit, GST Registration & GST Returns for One Quarter Inclusive of Government Fees and Taxes
- Section 8 Company Formation with 3 DSC, 2 DIN, Name Approval, RD license, PAN, TAN, Company Kit, GST Registration, 6 months GST Return Filing and trademark filing. Inclusive of government fees and taxes.